We love our kids and we love nature. After a LONG (did I say long) winter, we decided that we would combine the two. We love the city parks but this year we're looking to expand our exposure to nature. Toss out your Nalgenes and 7 plastics and grab your SIGG water bottles . . . or glass bottles if you please. We're heading outdoors this summer.
On this blog you'll find a calendar of events for our Mpls Nature Kids. We're planning for a nature outing every Thursday, rain or shine starting June 5, 2008. Meet at the designated location at 9:30 am with a lunch and your kids of course. Dress accordingly, yes, that means rain boots and raincoats when necessary. If you're not into getting dirty, this may not be the group for you.
We're planning on letting our children be the nature guides, so no formal activities will be planned.
This group is open to all. Please feel free to bring friends and their kids.
If there is a place you've been thinking about going to with your kids but you haven't made it there, post it in the comment section and we'll see what we can do.
Our children will not suffer from "Nature Deficit Disorder" and neither will we. :)
1 comment:
Wow this is great. Jenn and Korie are you planning anything for July and August? I would be interested. I do normally work on Thursdays but given my current situation I can make arrangements to "be out of the office". We went last weekend on a search for Hidden Falls. We did not find it until we went to Minnehaha Falls and asked the park ranger. We now know where the falls are but have not actually seen them. This was my kids and my first experience with the River and the Falls. Sadly I have lived her 10 years and never even gone to Minnehaha falls even though I literally live 2 miles from the falls! I would love to explore more of what nature has to offer in this beautiful city! I'll keep checking the blog!
Post a Comment