We are going to have a wonderful summer, even better than last year. Korie and I have been emailing back and forth a few ideas about what we are looking to do this summer and what we'd like to repeat from last year.
I'm going to include a few fun references for getting out in nature here in MN.
- The Summer Starter Kit from the DNR that lists information about what is available in MN parks.
- Happy Trails Nature Club: another club that is doing the same great things we are, just on a larger scale and inviting the public.
- Three Rivers Park District: the website of this cool resource, right here in our back yards.
- Minneapolis Parks and Rec.
- Explore Minnesota: the official site of travel in MN.
- Woodlake Nature Center: a cool place, right in our back yards. Great programming.
- Dodge Nature Center: A nature center in W. St Paul.
Korie suggested visiting a cave. I'm in, you?
Please add a comment at the end with your suggestions. We're hoping to get a full agenda set up at the beginning of the summer. Of course, it'll be flexible because that's the kind of girls we are.
If you're new to MplsNatureKids... we ususally start around 10:00 at a specified site on Thursdays, pack a lunch, bugspray and sun lotion, swim suits as weather permits, and usually, we wind up eating ice cream at DQ or a local joint on the way home. I promise, you'll look forward to hanging out with us and your kids in nature on Thursdays. It'll be the highlight of your week.
Check back soon for a start date and location. If you have questions, call Jenn or Korie or leave a comment here.
4 comments:
I am ALL ABOUT spelunking! I think Johnny would DIG it if he could wear a headlamp :-)
When is our first adventure?
-Lisa
I think you should plan a "GRAMMA-Come-Along" Day!! I know some Grammas that would love to come!! MOMJ
Post a Comment